Hello and greetings everyone I just wanted to get out a really quick post. I often get asked what’s in your camera bag or what are you shooting with? So to answer that question is my main bodies are canon’s 5Ds, and an 80D and the lenses I use with those bodies I’m going to start off with my favorite and probably one of the most underrated lens.
- Canon 180mm f/3.5 macro lens omg the colors, sharpness, and rendering I get from the lens have been unmatched.
- Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 aka the black mamba wow is all I can say about this lens unbelievable lens but this lens weighs a ton but image quality is awesome.
- Canon 24-70mm f/2.8 version 2 lens I don’t think I have to say much about the quality you get for the lens.
- Canon 135mm f/2 lens probably the sharpest lens from canon next to my favorite 180mm macro.
- Sigma 20mm f/1.4 wide angle this lens is sharp edge to edge minimum to zero distortion in my opinion just a great lens especially for weddings and events.
- Last but not least and definitely no slouch when it comes to image quality straight out of camera is the Sigma art 50mm f/1.4 lens just plain awesomeness no more to be said about that Lol.
Now my secondary and walk around camera bodies (questionably being made into the starting lineup) are my Fuji Film’s X-Pro2, and recently acquired X-T2 the lenses for these are.
- The Fuji 35mm f/2 WR lens (35mm equivalent of just over 50mm) Really sharp even wide open I really can’t explain how sharp, and how Fuji lenses render color, with outstanding micro contrast.
- 23mm f/2 WR lens (35mm equivalent of 35mm lens) awesome, awesome lens almost epic in my opinion my only con is that it can be a little soft when shot close up with the aperture wide open.
- The 55-200mm f/3.5-4.8 variable aperture (35mm equivalent of 83-300mm) I just wrote a review about this lens, flat out this is a very good underrated sharp lens. This lens has been on my X-T2 for the past week without being removed I think there might be a part 2 to the review about this 55-200mm f/3.5-4.8 lens.
- And the most recently acquired 16mm f/1.4 lens (35mm equivalent of 24mm) I have yet to completely finish testing this lens as it was just acquired so review is forthcoming. Many Fuji shooters say this is the best fuji lens made to date we will see.
Lighting wise I have a Canon 600 RT, and Nikon sp700 flashes, but those rarely get used. If I need to light a scene or person I use Profoto gear I have a B1, and B2 location kits With modifiers. In my opinion Profoto is one of the top 5 lighting systems and consistent with their light output.
Let me know what your system is for creating your photography. Check me out and follow me on instagram: @dewon.wilson, and @deewilsonphotography On Tumblr at Photographs by Dewon Wilson. Thank you for your support.